Friday, November 16, 2007

Stay-At-Home What?

I just completed my second week of being at home everyday with Parker. I didn't spend every moment everyday with him. In fact, I was sick part of the week, so my mom spent at least as much time with him as I did. Still, I feel like I have a pretty good idea of how not to be a stay at home mom. Seriously, I failed.

But, I guess it's in the failing moments that we learn most.

What have I learned thus far?
  • I need people.
  • I need to get out of the house.
  • It is a bad day when the highlight of my day is seeing James Blunt sing about a triangle on Sesame Street.
  • Parker needs people.
  • Parker needs to get out of the house.
  • Parker doesn't care if James Blunt is on Sesame Street.

Seriously, I think this is just like any other job change that I've had. The first day you come home excited because you have the BEST JOB EVER! The next few days you wonder how "they" can consider this a full time job and you're a little bored. Then all of a sudden it hits you that you were bored because you were ignorant, and you're the busiest you've ever been. I'm in the bored phase right now.

So, any other stay-at-home moms out there? What do you do all day with your kids, specifically a one year old? What do you do to stay connected with friends?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like i. I'm going to link you to my page.

Anonymous said...

Well, I do like "i", but what I meant was, I like it :)

Lacey said...

Hi dear! Yes, I heard we were due around the same time, but I didn't know on the same day! That's so funny! Parker is getting so big! I'm going to Buckhead to hang out on December 11, you should come by and say hello!

Amy said...

welcome to blogland!