Thursday, March 19, 2009

Update in Pictures

We were able to branch out of the house late Friday. Abigail came home that day too. The whooping cough was nasty. Parker still has a little cough, but it's not nearly as bad. I spent DAYS sanitizing EVERYTHING that he touched. Now, I need a maid to come and do my regular housework because I'm exhausted!

Parker pretty much refuses to eat veggies or anything somewhat healthy. I baked these blueberry lemon muffins from the Deceptively Delicious cookbook. Get this... there's 1/3 of a squash in each muffin, yogurt, and flax seed. He loved it!


I've also decided, because Parker keeps getting in trouble at school, that he's watching too much TV. In my quest to entertain him we've been very busy this week with painting, stickers, play do, puzzles, EVERYTHING. Got any ideas? This is P showing Abigail how to use some of the craft supplies.

Abigail is trying to move around. She's close to crawling, and will now stand for a few seconds with my help. She will not be walking on her birthday. Her favorite thing, other than grandma, is to sit at the table and participate in whatever project Parker is working on.

Parker doesn't like getting his picture taken right now. This is the best I could get. But, he has his new glasses prescription. These are loaner frames while we wait for his to come in. I HATE that he has to wear bifocals, but he can see. He noticed all the tiny rocks in the asphalt, the leaves on the trees, and keeps asking me to tell him what everything is. I'm really glad he can see. I can tell that his world is coming alive again.

3 comments:

Scott and Sara said...

So glad Parker's cough is getting better! Have fun being crafty - Lily loves building things using tape, muffin tin liners, popsicle sticks, and small boxes. She would spend hours doing this!

ablossom said...

I'm tired just reading this!! Finding ways to keep our energetic boys entertained is definitely a challenge at times. How about soccer?? Coltan will kick a ball and throw it around for a long time. The playground is always a hit. For a rainy day, we like to decorate cookies after we make them together. The tunnel we got from target makes for a lot of fun...building forts, etc. Anyways, these aren't that original, but we're always happy to hang out, too!! You're a hero for getting through the past couple months with your head still attached!

Amber B. said...

I am so glad that he is feeling better! Hugs to you. I need to call you soon!!