Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Pictures and The Oven Man

The oven man just left. This was the conversation:

Sandi: Hi! Let me show you the problem.
Oven Man (OM): Okay
Sandi: The oven will beep that it's ready at say, 400 degrees, I'll stick my food in and it won't cook. But, it will cook in the bottom oven, so I know it's the top ov
OM: Stop, stop, stop.
Sandi: But
OM: Stop. Did you wait for 3 beeps?
Sandi: What?
OM: Did you wait for 3 beeps? The first beep tells you that you can stick your food in, but the oven really isn't ready. You have to wait for the 3rd beep.
Sandi: What?
OM: The oven isn't ready until the 3rd beep.
Sandi: I've never heard 3 beeps and I've been using this oven for 6 months. The oven is broken.
OM: The problem is that you didn't wait for 3 beeps.
Sandi: Do you eat biscuits?
OM: What?
Sandi: Do you eat biscuits?
OM: Yes.
Sandi: The oven beeped. I put the biscuits in. After 35 minutes they still weren't cooked. I turned on the bottom oven. They were cooked in the bottom after 10 minutes.
OM: Maybe your oven's broken. You want me to look at it?

@#%^$@!%$@$%#%@#$%@#$%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyways. Here's P his first day of school. We went out for ice cream when I picked him up.


Abigail eating rice cereal.

4 comments:

Lane said...

you crack me up. and i promise, i'll call you soon... been meaning to for while b/c i was so wierd & tired last time we talked. finally found a duvet cover-yay! saga over! but now have to rearrange and clean that room, what a pain, and possibly paint. also, need to paint another room, will explain when we talk. which will be soon. tell eric to call ryan

tim said...

this post is HILARIOUS!! i can totally hear your voice in the conversation... i read it just before leaving work last night and thought it was so funny i told becky about it - we both had a laugh...

framer said...

I love the pictures. The converstaion was great too. I think repair men think all women are dumb. who knows maybe it is only certain ones. Also, I understand about personal contact. I wish we lived closer. The girls love seeing Parker and Abigail.

Love,
Alicia

Amy said...

so, since this guy was obviously very competent...did he actually fix the oven?