Tuesday, September 9, 2008

The Past Two Weeks

I haven't felt like blogging lately. Do you ever get bummed over the blog world thing? I know I'm right there with everyone else. I love reading other people's blogs. I especially love it for like my cousins, family, overseas friends and people that it's hard to keep up with otherwise. I don't like, however, that it takes the place of real friendships, phone calls, and the personal touch of life. I look back on the last year and I've noticed that the people I'm growing closer to are not the ones whose blogs I read, but the ones who I call and make an effort to see. Am I old fashioned? I feel good when I see the ticker number on my blog go up. But, I feel loved and special when a friend gives me a call. I'm not writing this to get a bunch of phone calls. (I'm laughing right now just thinking about it.) It's just the thing that's been on my mind lately. So, for those of you I don't talk to much.... Here's a glimpse of the Glidewell life lately...

  • Abigail is now trying to eat solids.
  • Parker is in a "no eating" phase unless it's something like french fries, cookies, or ice cream.
  • Parker started preschool!
  • We had fleas. Had. Hopefully, had, not have still.
  • I cleaned the basement, 5 times, only because we had fleas.
  • Parker learned that Abigail will suck on his big toe in the car when I'm not looking.
  • Parker also realized that he can get out of his bed.
  • I realized that some days I have to put Parker back in his bed 16 times before he falls asleep. And even then, triaminic nighttime was used.
  • Abigail likes the exersaucer.
  • Abigail's hair can fit into pigtails.
  • Eric had a work thing in Boston.
  • I went with Eric to Boston. I played. He worked.
  • The fish tank turned green.
  • Our renter moved out of our old house. Anyone want a house downtown?
  • We made it to September!

Pictures to follow later. I need to let the oven man in. Oh yeah, and the oven broke!

2 comments:

Scott and Sara said...

Yes, I want to talk on the phone for real! Can you send me your number? I'm not sure I have it. What is a good day/time to call?

Amber B. said...

I know what you mean. And speaking of...we need to talk soon. Just got back from the beach, but now we are home for awhile.