Monday, October 13, 2008

My Crappy Day

Today is not my crappy day, Friday was.

7:00am Both kids woke up.

8:30am I heard the dogs barking in their crate in the garage. (Eric usually puts them out on his way to work.)

8:35am I leave the kids unattended upstairs to go let the dogs into the backyard. I opened the door to the garage and immediately knew something was wrong. The stink was intense. I walked over to the cage to find that one of them had pooped all over the cage. I said a few not-so-nice words to myself and went to let them out. My dog, rambo, always runs, so I reached down to grab his collar. While holding onto him, the dogs began to shake. You know, the way dogs shake off water. Except in this case, it was poop. Poop shaking everywhere. Needless to say, I let go of Rambo. He ran. I called for him. He still ran.



8:40am I put Rocky on the screened-in porch, left the year gate open, and called for Rambo.

8:42am I checked on Rocky who had pooped and thrown up on our screened in porch. I let Rocky into the yar and shut the gate.

8:45am I remembered my two unattended kids upstairs. They were fine.



8:50am The first neighbor called to complain about my dog, the poopy dog, running around in their backyard and on the golf course. I explained that I'd be out to catch him soon, but it was difficult with two kids, etc. She told me I needed to come out NOW.

9:00am Me running down the street with a leash, chasing Rambo, pushing a double stroller.

9:10am Another neighbor tries to help me.

9:15am Another neighbor decides that my dog running through her yard is the end of her world and she comes out of her house to SCREAM at me. Can you believe I let my dog go in her yard? I'm such a malicious mother of two kids who has nothing else to do.



9:20am Rambo is finally in the backyard. I leave the house to take Parker to school.

9:30am I get Parker out of the car. Start to walk him into school, and I realize that he has no shoes on.

9:31am Back on the road.

9:45am Finally get Parker to school.

10:00am I enjoy a diet coke and HGTV on the couch.


Anyone want a dog?





4 comments:

KatieMGreen said...

that does stink (in more ways than one). but i am impressed that you are so close to Parker's school.
i am trying to get ride of a dog, too, so let me know if you have any luck!

Anonymous said...

The 2 pictures to the right of this post im commenting on right now......are THE MOST ADORABLE THINGS IVE SEEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ablossom said...

oh my. you gonna make it? i have dog issues to commisserate with you about if you ever want to call and vent.

Sarah said...

Nope, already got a Rocky, it would just be too confusing around here!! :)