Saturday, November 8, 2008

The Glasses

The glasses arrived yesterday just before lunchtime. As we were walking out of the doctor's office, Parker wearing his new glasses, he kept watch his feet as he walked. He stopped several times to look around at the building, the floor, people, etc. He kept saying, "Mommy, where are we? Mommy, what's dat?" Tonight we looked at the stars for the first time. He counted 3 of them, which was pretty close to accurate.

I definitely think I'm having a harder time with this than he is. I had a "moment" this morning simply because I don't like seeing him have to wear glasses, and because I miss seeing his big brown eyes. But, he seems fine. He asks to take them off sometimes. I can usually distract him, or the Halloween candy comes in handy for bribes.

Anyways, here are some pictures of his first 2 days with glasses, and, of course, an extra shot of Abigail thrown in there too. Thank you all for your sweet messages.


9 comments:

Amber B. said...

Aw, Sandi, I am praying for you. I know it is hard to deal with issues with our kids. But he looks so freaking cute in those glasses.

Matt & Kadie Laughlin said...

Sandi--he looks so cute! But i know how hard this is on you! Praying for you guys!

KatieMGreen said...

He is so cute! Praying for you; it will get easier. He's precious.

Sarah said...

Hey friend. I have been thinking about you a ton. I know this is killing you inside and just don't want to relive everything your brother went through. The good news is Parker is so stinkin' cute in those glasses!! :) Praying for you both.

The Deavours Family said...

i must say....those glasses totally add to his cuteness! he seriously looks like one of those genius kids! you're in my prayers...i know it must be a tough mom moment...rather, momentS....

framer said...

To add to everyone else's comments, Parker is ADORABLE in his glasses!! He still has some of the most beautiful brown eyes. I can't forget to mention his sister too, she is really CUTE!!

Love you,

alicia

Scott and Sara said...

I am so sorry about Parker's eyes, but I have to say he just looks gorgeous in those glasses! I can't imagine how you're hurting over this, and I'm praying for complete healing. Love you guys!

GottaLuvMickey said...

I think he's adorable Sandi! You'll get used to it and it'll be okeedokee! We love you!

The Broadricks said...

Hey, Sandi...just reading your blog and my heart is sad for you this morning. Please know I am praying for you and Parker's sight.