Wednesday, December 17, 2008

The Surgery

We visited the doctor at Emory yesterday. Parker did such a good job in the office. They were able to get him to do more, and get a better idea of exactly how bad the cataracts are. Parker will need to have surgery. We'll have the first surgery on January 15. The next surgery will be about a month later.

I'm still nervous about the surgery, but I am confident that we have found the right doctor. I can't even believe how much God has taken care of P during all of this. One of the biggest surprises is that when we got to Emory, they had already received a call from the doctor in Philadelphia. I can't believe he took the time and effort to call for us to make sure that we were taken care of. I was completely honored. I feel like God is showing favor on us. Every night I pray for Parker that God will grow him "in wisdom and stature and in favor with God and man." Through this whole process (a quick process) I'm so amazed at how much good there is in the world. And, I know that good comes from above. I never thought we'd get the help we needed, and get to spend so much time with the doctors who are considered to be the best. We're moving forward confident that God is in control and that he loves our little P's eyes more than we do.

3 comments:

The Family Senter said...

rejoicing with you as you have seen the Lord work and take care of your sweet boy!
we will be praying for the surgery!
praying for sweet Parker's eyes and healing and praying for mommy and daddy too!
love to you my friend!
Merry Christmas!

Amber B. said...

Great news! We will keep praying.

Unknown said...

Really glad to hear things are going well. Let us know if we can help around the op.