Saturday, December 8, 2007

Squealing!


Last night Eric, Parker, and I went to Atlantic Station. It has your typical Christmas decorations for an outdoor mall: snowflake lights hanging over the streets and a large Christmas tree in the center square. All of the families start to gather in the square around 7pm to wait for the snow. Atlantic Station provides fake snow during the holidays. We waited in anticipation for the "big snow" to fall on our heads. At 7:30pm we heard the machines cranking up and then... these little bubbles started to barely puff over us. I was SO disappointed! It didn't even look like snow. But, then I looked down at Parker. He was standing with his arms wide open, face to the sky, squealing with delight. Taking a cue from him, I opened my arms, turned my face to the sky, and squealed too. We danced and danced in the snow.


It makes me think about those things that have made me squeal in the past. :) I think about walking on the Vaci in Budapest, seeing the Roman Coliseum, watching my parents leave as they dropped me off at college, and waiting to walk down the aisle to marry Eric. (Just to name a few.) Last night at Atlantic Station was Parker's Budapest and Parker's Coliseum.


I hope to continue to squeal with my son and husband, and daughter one day. I hope to give them experiences, not so that they can hang on to the past, but so that they can look forward to the future.


Just curious, what makes you squeal? Please leave a comment.


7 comments:

mckennah said...

my little peanut makes my day everyday:) oh and on a more commercial note greys anatomy makes me pretty happy too.

Lacey said...

I think right now, it's just getting to see my little one move during the ultrasounds we've had. It's so amazing to know that she's real and can do all the things she does!

ablossom said...

-the funny parts in Elf that I forgot about

-flowers from Sam

-Coltan's snorts

Sarah said...

And just think...I was with you at the Vaci, Coliseum, and as you walked down the aisle. Kinda feel like I missed out this weekend!! :)

framer said...

Watching Jenna learn to read and understand what that she can. Seeing her sister's face light up when she gets a puzzle together or counts to 30. My husband and last but not least all the announcements of the cousins have babies and getting to see them for the first time.
Merry Christmas Glidewells

Love,
Alicia

Kfranklin said...

Luke's giggles and Michael playing with him on the floor.

Anonymous said...

Just watching Parker does it for me. It doesn't really matter what he is doing :)