Saturday, February 23, 2008

Oh my gosh!

Well, we closed on our house yesterday. Yippie! We are moving Sunday. Yippie! I'm so excited because for the first time I can actually picture our family growing and kids getting older in this house. I hope we stay there for many years!

But, let me tell you about today. My parents offered to buy us paint and help paint some rooms as a house warming gift. Thank you! The only problem was that at about 5pm I looked up at the paint color that I, yes, I had picked out for the kitchen. No joke, it looked like Papa Smurf had barfed all over the kitchen. I really wish I'd taken a picture. So, we went back to the store to buy new paint. (Of course, at this time I was red eyed and puffy faced in Home Depot from crying the whole way there because I was causing more work for everyone, and because I'm very hormonal pregnant.) About 30 minutes after we got back to the house, Eric accidentally dropped a ladder in the kitchen. (The kitchen he was repainting for me.) The ladder literally broke off the counter top. What? Who knew a counter top could break off?

We are hoping for a smoother day tomorrow.

Oh yes, and I forgot to call the water people. So, we're collecting pee in all of our toilets and we can't shower. They don't open again until Monday.

We'd love for any of you to stop by. Just poop before you come.

4 comments:

Amy said...

that last line made me laugh. hope things get smoother from here.

Chris Green said...

Wow. That's a pretty cruddy weekend. No worries. It's only up from here. And, no more gunshots and unsavory pedestrians, right?

I'll make sure to poop before dropping by.

ablossom said...

Yay!!! Can we visit you this weekend? Maybe bring a pizza that the movers won't eat? :) Things just never work out like we've planned do they...

Scott and Sara said...

Can't wait to see photos of the new house! Hope the rest of the move in goes better. Miss you!