Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Labor and Delivery: Take One

One of my goals with this pregnancy was to only go to the Labor and Delivery part of the hospital on the day that we are having our little girl. Oh well! No, we have not had our baby. Thank God! (I'm not quite ready yet!) I ended up catching some random cold/flu virus that sent me into dehydration into mild contractions into a very rapid baby's heartbeat. We spent a couple days in the hospital to get everything settled again. And now, on day 8 of this nasty bug, I finally am starting to feel better. Thanks to all of you who called or emailed.

It was very odd being rolled in a wheelchair past all of the delivery rooms. My thoughts went from "Oh no! I'm going to contaminate every newborn in the hospital," to "Holy Crap! I can't believe Eric got me into this baby mess again!" I have to say that the whole experience was a little overwhelming.

We now have 10 weeks (at the most) until our little Sydney Dawn arrives. Wow!!!!

2 comments:

Lacey said...

I'm so sorry you've been sick! I'm glad you're feeling better though! I love the name!

Scott and Sara said...

I'm so glad you're feeling better! I can't believe you only have 10 weeks. It seems like it was only a couple months ago that you were here. Love the name!