Monday, March 31, 2008

Holy Baby!

My friend, Katie, and my mom threw a shower for me on Saturday. It was so much fun! Seriously, I looked around the room at one point and couldn't believe the people that came. It wasn't about getting presents. I looked around and saw a strong support system. I know that sounds cheesy. But, I really felt blessed.

I feel like I've been trying to keep my head above water lately. It's been really difficult to venture away from working to being a stay at home mom, to moving while pregnant, to figuring out the toddler parenting thing and a second baby on the way. I've felt overwhelmed a lot lately. But, I've also felt really blessed. I saw that in front of my eyes on Saturday. It's a great feeling to know that you're not alone in the world. (Dramatic, huh!) But, seriously, I hope that I'm as good of a friend to all of you as you have been to me.

Reality also hit me on Saturday. I cannot believe that we are having this baby in 3 1/2 weeks! Holy baby! We are scheduled to have a c-section on Thursday, April 24. But, if I were to go into labor early we are going to try for a VBAC. Eric keeps praying that I'll go into labor early. It pisses me off. For some reason I feel like God hears his prayers more than mine. I guess it's a battle between Eric and I. Who does God like more? Just kidding. Sort of.

Here's a snippet of my to do list for the next three weeks:
- pack hospital bag, Parker's bag, and Eric's bag
- clean the car seat and install
- fix the driveway and stairs (well, call people to do it)
- kill the dogs (don't worry, I won't)
- new tires for the car
- remember not to breastfeed in front of EVERYONE who comes to the hospital (pain killers really screw up your judgement)
- hide the prepreggo clothes so that I don't cry when I try to get in them the day I come home
- find a double stroller that will let me shop in the mall

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey lady,
cant wait to see you little girl. i ended up having a c-section, did you have one with parker? either way, we will be praying for a quick recovery! hopefully we will run into each other after the baby so the babies can meet! hope you all are doing well, parker is a little stud!

The Gerborgs said...

love your to-do list! especially hiding the clothes. not sure why i still keep trying to get back into mine!! hope you're feeling well, and looking forward to reading news of another glidewell entering the world!

Scott and Sara said...

I know that however God wants that baby to come out is how she's going to come. And I'm praying that it will be easy for you and her, regardless of the method! So glad you had a fun shower. Good luck with the to-do list.

The Family Senter said...

oh my goodness!
YAY! YAY! YAY! I'm so excited I found your blog!
I found it linked to Amber's!
This is so wonderful, now I can keep up with you guys!
I cannot believe you guys are having a baby girl in 3 weeks!
congratulations!
Parker is precious too!
tell Eric we said hello!
our blog is
www.thefamilysenter.blogspot.com!
love you friend!
-Chrystal

Unknown said...

Looking forward to meeting the new addition.