Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Lost All Cool Points

I was out at lunch with my friend, Vicki, yesterday at one of my favorite restaurants. As I was playing "Ring Around The Rosy" with Parker and Vicki's daughter, Haley, trying to keep them out of the blob of Abigail's spitup on the ground, Vicki looked at me and said, "we've now lost all cool points." Not that I was ever really into being cool, but she was right. It made me laugh, and it made me tired.
Things I took for granted before I had kids:
1. Quiet lunches with a friend.
2. Using the bathroom with the door closed.
3. Not having to wait in line to use the handicap bathroom. (It's the only one the stroller will fit into.)
4. Tipping 15% (Instead of 20% to cover the mess on the floor.)
5. Listening to the radio in the car.
6. Boobs that serve no practical function.
7. Sleep.
8. Movies- in the theater.
9. Carrying one purse.
10. Vacuuming once a week.


I wonder what I'll look back on 5 years from now and realize that I'm taking for granted.
Parker and Haley..

2 comments:

Amber B. said...

I hear ya on the luxury of using the bathroom with the door closed. Sometimes Nathan comes in and wants to sit ON my lap. Good grief!

The Deavours Family said...

I'm just proud of you for doing ring around the rosey 8/9 wks post c-section...