Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Back In The Saddle Again

So, maybe I'm not back in the "saddle", but I am back in the "two kids screaming, goldfish everywhere, stash of pacifiers on hand at all times, stroller that fills the entire trunk, thank God for the DVD player SUV."

Parker will be two years old in two weeks. Abigail is 8 weeks old today.

Why have I been absent from the blog world? Let me tell you...

When Abigail was 4 weeks old I realized that I'd been taking pain killers for 4 weeks straight because the pain from my C-section hadn't gone away. So, I called my doctor. I went in to see the midwife. I was diagnosed with postpartum depression.

When Abigail was 5 weeks old I went back to see the midwife because I couldn't shake my 103 fever and I had horrible aches and chills. I was diagnosed with the flu.

Two days later I could barely even walk. Eric took me to the hospital. I was extremely dehydrated, had blood pressure of 81 over 39, and I barely even knew what was going on. It turns out I did not have postpartum depression or the flu. I had an infection that we think started in the hospital when I had Abigail. Imagine having an infection for 6 weeks. It was bad.

So, now, she's 8 weeks old. I am finally off all pain killers and meds. I actually have energy for the first time in months! And, I'm getting to know my daughter. I'm so happy to be able to contribute to my family again.

Thank you everyone who came over and helped with the kids, brought meals, and gave us support. It's been a long 2 months.

For those of you who are around Eric, please take him a cup of coffee at work or give him a pat on the back, or send him an encouraging email. He has literally held our family together. He's worked his butt off to keep us floating. Thanks, babe! I love you!



Here are some pics to give y'all an update on the kids...

Almost a 2 year old!


Parker's new art gallery.

A nice afternoon at home.


Our little girl is growing up already!

6 comments:

framer said...

I am glad you are feeling better!!! Tell Eric he is one of my new heros. Good Job Eric. The kiddos look good and are still adorable. I can't believe that Abigail is 8 weeks old. Time flies. Lots of love to you all.

Alicia

Scott and Sara said...

I am so sorry you have been unwell! It sounds miserable. Glad you are feeling better and enjoying your beautiful kids! Miss you lots...

Anonymous said...

So glad you're back! We'll playdate soon. Way to be a SuperDad, Eric!

The Family Senter said...

oh my goodness!
that is crazy!
I am so glad thins have calmed down some and you are feeling better!
Abigail is adorable!
love you guys!

Sarah said...

Major bummer that you have been so sick. I PROMISE to call you in the next few days. Glad you are feeling better and have the best husband in the world!!! :)

Amber B. said...

I am so glad that you are feeling better! It was good to talk to you the other day. Is Parker in time out in that picture of him sitting in the corner? That is too funny!