Saturday, January 19, 2008

31 again

Today is my do-over birthday. My actual 31st birthday was Wednesday. And, many thanks to all of you who called, sent texts, etc. It really made my day! So, why did I need a do-over? Some lessons I learned on Wednesday.

1. Don't ever tell your husband that you don't want anything and don't want to do anything for your birthday. He'll believe you. Men-if your wife or significant other says they don't want "anything" it means that they don't want you to spend a lot of money or plan a suprise party. They do, however, expect a card or flowers or something to set the day apart.
2. When the massage therapist asks you if she can work on your glutes, she's talking about your butt. She's going to rub your butt. I don't know what I thought glutes were.
3. The doctors are correct. You are more likely to get food poisoning from listeria when you're pregnant. Don't eat things that can give you listeria, especially on your birthday.

That's why last night, after all the food poisoning was over I declared a do-over on my birthday.

So, today I woke up to breakfast in bed. Parker slept until 8:45am. Eric also gave me my wedding band that he'd had redipped and sized to fit my fat pregnant swollen finger. We put an offer on a new house. AND, it's snowing!

31 starts over for me today. :)

9 comments:

Lacey said...

You crack me up! Happy birthday Sandi! And listeria, that's not good, what did you eat? Email me your mailing address. I have a shower planned in Georgia in March and I would love to see you. My email is lacey.updegraff@gmail.com.

Anonymous said...

What a birthday. sorry your 2nd birthday party didn't work out for us tonight. We'll get together and celebrate yours and Ryan's birthday soon. So glad you're feeling better, and I cannot wait to hear more about the house! Yay! hope it works out.
Lane

Scott and Sara said...

Hi, I found your blog! Fun! I'm so excited that you're having a little girl. I'm so sorry about your birthday - I'm afraid I missed it, though I remember looking at the calendar a couple weeks ago and thinking, Sandi's bday is coming up. I need to send her an email. Oh well, the best intentions and all that, right? I'm glad you had a good do-over birthday!!

Anonymous said...

happy belated birthday!! so sorry i was a slacker and missed it. where's the house?

ablossom said...

Happy Belated Birthday!

Anonymous said...

That's so funny. Got it... say no to glutes, check.

Lacey said...

I tagged you. So! Here are the rules! Have fun!

Link to the person who tagged you, and post the rules on your blog.
Share 7 facts about yourself.
Tag 7 random people at the end of your post, and include links to their blogs.
Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

Anonymous said...

Let me just speak for married guys everywhere, we get in trouble when we listen and we get in trouble when we don't. Where is the rulebook? We have to hide the present so you don't find it...then when we can't find where we hid the present....shame on us. Good thing God made women so awesome, otherwise we would be tempted to just give up. Happy Belated Birthday

Amy said...

i hope your do over birthday was fun! happy belated birthday!