Tuesday, January 29, 2008

We're Moving!






We did it! We now have a contract on a house in East Cobb! I'm a little nervous because we will now own 2 houses. Yes, we rented out our house in the ghetto. I'm also a little nervous about moving and getting settled with the baby coming so soon. But, I'm sure it'll all work out. So, if any of you have free weekends, we'll be eating popcorn on the empty floor playing board games. (I'm actually excited about that.) Come join the fun! We close in three weeks!

Random question #1: Do any of you have children that have developed odd fears? Parker is afraid of new shoes. Like, scared to death. I try to put them on him and he kicks and screams. If I actually get the shoes on his feet he acts like he's paralyzed from the waist down. What do I do? Pray for warmer weather?

Random question #2: I'm looking for white nursery furniture for our girl's room. Anyone know of anyone selling any? And, on that note, let me know if you have any furniture to get rid of. We're about to have several empty spaces.




5 comments:

Livin' Life said...

Wow, what a beautiful looking house! Congratulations! And don't worry...my brother and sister-in-law moved into their new house only weeks before my nephew was born. It was a little challenging, but they did it! Best of luck with the new baby! I bet your son can't wait to be a big brother!

Lacey said...

Gorgeous house! I'm so excited for you guys!

mckennah said...

love the back yard....i got my furniture (all white) from: changing table ~ Goodwill, Bed and Rocker ~ Craig's list, cabinet ~ babies r us. try Craig's they are cheap!

Scott and Sara said...

The house looks so beautiful! Congratulations!! I'll be praying for everything to work out - the move, the baby, the empty spaces in your house, the rental, everything! We miss you guys.

Anonymous said...

Hi Glidewells-- It's Karen Harper from Buckhead Church. I linked to your blog from Lacey's and saw that you are moving to my neck of the woods! Good place to look for kids stuff is at consignment sales-- 2 great ones coming up. details at all4kids.com. The East Cobb one is March 14-15. If you need a place to escape to while you're working on getting settled, come on over and play with us-- or just drop Parker off to play with Kate! kharpers@gmail.com