Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Surgery Tomorrow

Tomorrow is the day. I can't believe it's here already. I'm overwhelmed with knowing that my little P will be able to see clearly after tomorrow. Please pray for his surgery and recovery process. I keep telling him that we're going back to the hospital to fix his left eye. He just says, "I can't!" And, then runs away. I guess I'd be saying the same thing.

We have to be at the hospital at 6am. The surgery is scheduled at 8am. First, the doctor will evaluate his right eye. They can make adjustments to his left implant based on the recovery and results of the right eye. Then, they will take out the left cataract, and put in an implant. The surgery should take about 2 1/2 hours. We'll probably be able to leave the hospital around or shortly after lunchtime. We'll then have to wait until Friday morning to see the actual results of the surgery

I'll update the blog as things occur. Thank you so much for your prayers!

2 comments: