Thursday, February 19, 2009

Update

We got a call in our room at 10:00am saying that they had a really hard time getting Parker to calm down. So, we're running a little behind schedule. They estimated that they'll be finished with the surgery around 11:30am.

I'm currently sitting here trying to distract myself from everything. I'm trying to decide if I'm going to complain about our experience today. When we got here the nurse came in to check Parker's vitals. She was flustered by my two-year old not wanting to be checked. So, she kept handing me the instruments, asking me to take his blood pressure and pulse, etc. Then, she'd get upset and correct me when I didn't do it right. I don't know how to check someone's blood pressure and oxygen levels... Ah!...Then the anesthesiologist came in to explain to us that Parker would be getting the gas to put him under and not an IV. I asked about the IV. She told me that they only do IV's when they do surgery. Yep. She had no clue that Parker was getting surgery today. Then, they couldn't get Parker to take all of his sedative, so he was crazy.

Anyways, I'll update later.

2 comments:

The Deavours Family said...

what. give me a break.

Anonymous said...

That's so frustrating! Like you're not already stressed enough!