Thursday, February 19, 2009

We're Home

So, about 2 minutes, literally 2 minutes, after my last post the nurses wheeled Parker back into the room. Apparently when he woke up he started screaming at them. They tried to give him a sippy cup and his doll and he just threw them at the nurses. Then, he hit a nurse. So, he got to "recover" in our room. The nurse that brought him back seemed very traumatized by the ordeal and seemed to want us to give Parker a time out or something for acting that way. Whatever. He's two. He has no clue what's going on, and he's scared.

He wouldn't calm down, even with us. So, we went ahead and loaded him in the car to come home to a familiar environment. He took a long nap. (He and Eric. :)) He's awake now and isn't fighting the patch on his eye. We're pretty tired and hope to go to bed early tonight.

On another note, I was in terrible back pain yesterday and today, to the point that I can't even hold my own kids and it hurts to breathe. So, while the boys napped I went to the doctor. I've sprained my back. Nice. Now I'm doped up like my son.

Thanks for your prayers. I'll write again after our doctor appointment in the morning.

Here's Parker playing in the waiting room.

Parker before surgery.


Parker angry at home. :) Can't say that I blame him.

4 comments:

Scott and Sara said...

I'm so glad the surgery is over! We're praying for complete healing - for both eyes - and an easy recovery for the whole family. I'm so sorry about your back. Will be praying for that too.

GottaLuvMickey said...

Wow Sandi! What a day! I'm glad it's over for you though... I hope your back feels better soon and I'm sorry the hospital treated you the way they did! We're praying for you!!!

Lane said...

Thanks for the update...been thinking about yall today. will call later to see how recovery is going.
Lane & Ryan

framer said...

First let me say I am glad he is doing better and that it is over. Next,the nurses must not deal with kids very often. Both my kids come out of surgery grumpy and irritated. I don't blame Parker though. As for your back, I feel your pain. I hope it gets better quick. We will keep praying for everyone. Love you all.