Saturday, January 17, 2009

Drops, Patches, and a New Bed

I'm sitting here drinking my glass of red wine, watching my son in the monitor go to sleep. It's been a long couple of days. Eric finally discovered that if we gave drops to the babydoll that P would take them easier himself. P actually gives the babydoll drops sometimes too. Cookies and lollipops help too. I think P is doing extremely well. He wears his glasses all day, and he only wears the patch for naps and bedtime. He's not a fan of the recovery routine, but he's hanging in there.

We decided that he needed something fun and new. He wants so badly to "go pway and find fwiends" as he would say. So, we bought him a "big boy" bed. We've been thinking about it for a long time. We've been putting it together off and on since lunch. Tonight when I finally finished putting on the sheets and comforter Eric told Parker that he could go see his new bed. He jumped up, ran to the stairs, and came bursting into the room. He literally squealed with delight. He's so excited, I don't know when he'll actually fall asleep. He needed something fun. He needed something to take his mind of the drops and patch. And, I guess I needed it too.

Enjoy the pictures...

Parker and his baby ready for bed
Eric enjoys the new bed with Parker
P climbing on his bed

6 comments:

framer said...

I am so glad that he is doing well! I just want to tell you how strong you and Eric are. Not sure I would handle it as well. Give both the kids kisses from us.
Lots of love.

The Deavours Family said...

Hey guys! Just wanted to let you know that we've been praying for Parker and YOU two, too! Seriously, did you ever think that you could get so creative??

ablossom said...

I love it! What a big boy. The baby doll is precious. Still praying for you all1

The Family Senter said...

I had to giggle a little at your posts. I so remember the drama of trying to get a 2 year old into a hospital gown and then watching them get loopy on the pre-surgery meds!
I'm rejoicing with you guys that all went well and we will be praying for complete healing of his eye!
love you guys!

Amber B. said...

I'm still praying for y'all too. What a good idea to get a big boy bed now when he needs the boost. Praying that he continues to recover and deal well with all the eye drops!

Scott and Sara said...

Love the new big boy bed! Glad the drops routine is getting a bit easier. We're still praying for perfect vision for P!