Tuesday, January 13, 2009

This Week

This week we are gearing up for Parker's surgery. I feel kind of like a robot, checking off my list. I'm totally exhausted. I really haven't had that much to do, but every little thing seems overwhelming right now.

We will go to Egleston at noon on Thursday. The surgery is tentatively scheduled for 3pm. We probably will not be home until late Thursday night. They will patch Parker's eye immediately following the surgery. We will have to wait until we see the doctor Friday morning before we will know if Parker can see and to what extent he can see. My birthday is Friday. All I want this year is to watch them take Parker's patch off and tell me that he can see.

I'll try to update the blog throughout the day Thursday and Friday to keep everyone updated. So many of you have asked what you can do to help us right now. Thanks for even offering! Meals and phone calls would be the best. We'll be couped up in the house for awhile so that we can decrease the risk of Parker getting an infection. Please do not bring over big toys for Parker. We are overloaded from Christmas! If you want to bring him something, a balloon or something small would be fine. It's strange to think that we'll be doing all of this again in a month.

Here are some pictures from our week so far. We had to check "haircut" off the list. See why....?
The new do... much better.
My pigtail queen.

2 comments:

Scott and Sara said...

Love Parker's new do! And Abigail's pigtails are too precious. I miss you! Wish I could be there to bring you a meal and to hang out and help with Abigail - whatever. Just know that we're thinking about you and praying hard for a completely successful surgery.

framer said...

Just want to send you our love and prayers. Your strength is inspiring. I'll try to call and check in on all of you. Miss you all.

Love,

Alicia