Friday, April 11, 2008

Blast from the past

I was talking with an old friend about our time in China. I thought I'd share some funny pics with the blog world, which didn't exist back then.


This is my trip to the Chinese hospital when I had a hookworm. Oh yes, I actually had it for 6 months. They called in all the nurses on the floor to come examine my foot.


My parents, aunt and uncle, and grandma came to visit. This is the women of my family on the Great Wall. My grandma was the oldest person on the wall that day. She was awesome!

Eric singing to an English class at the university. Oh yes, he has many talents!

Eric, Tripp (Eric's roommate), and I with some Chinese friends. Peace!

2 comments:

Tripp said...

YES!!! I made the blog!!! It's funny because I've been going back through old pictures like these too as we've been dividing between what goes to Indonesia and what stays here. Usually what happens is I'm supposed to be packing and then Heather walks in to find me going down memory lane looking at pictures and stuff...needless to say it takes us forever to pack.
We really enjoy your blog too. Me and Heather have been laughing out loud (or "lol" as it goes these days) at some of your entries...especially enjoyed the ones about your house in the "ghetto."
Those were fun times...

Katy McGuffey said...

SMALL WORLD!!! I can't believe you guys know Tripp Flythe!!! That is so funny to me. I know the Flythe family well from high school! I saw the pictures and thought to myself, there is no way that's Tripp...oh yes it is! So Cool!!!