Friday, April 18, 2008

From Sydney to Abigail

I just read all of your comments. You weren't imagining things. We were going to name her Sydney. Here's the deal. A couple weeks ago I decided that we needed to come up with a couple more options. 1.) I don't like "Syd" for a nickname. 2.) I always felt like I had to pronounce "Sydney" very clearly. So, we came up with a short list that we were going to pick from. We thought we would have the name by the time she came into the world. So, on Tuesday, we were shocked and had no clue what to call her. People kept coming into the recovery room asking what her name was.

Our short list:
Sydney
Abigail
Addison
Codi

While in the recovery room, I turned to Eric and asked him what he thought she looked like. He said, "I think she's an Abigail." I totally agreed. That's how she got her name.

4 comments:

Scott and Sara said...

She is so gorgeous. I love the bow. Abigail is a beautiful name! Glad you're recovering well.

allison said...

Congrats Sandi! I am thankful you both are healthy!

Marcus, Mary Grace, Neely and Sadie said...

She is beautiful! I won't be too far behind...Also, loved the China pics from your previous blog. Can't wait to get our kids all together someday!

Anonymous said...

congrats Sandi-She is beautiful. We miss having you around, so you will need to bring yourself and the kiddos by NP weekly :)